debugging critical section

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 24 19:23:03 UTC 2004

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> Squeak 3.2, last update 4956, i.e., not at all recent.

That's a good version, quite stable as I recall.  However, no one is
fixing bugs in it, really.  The current stable version is 3.6.  You'll
get more people to fix bugs if you use 3.6.

> Running under Debian GNU/Linux.

If you haven't, you might want to add the Squeak apt site to your
sources.list, as described on:

	"Debian"
	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3616

> Image is pushing 70Mg, and I frequently have to wait extended periods
> (15 seconds) while it thinks after I do something.  (Could just be
> that I'm swapping: 128Mg physical RAM).

Yeah, paging will do that.  Also, full gc's can cause some trouble with
very large images.

-Lex