New Sharp Zaurus SL-6000L for pre-order on Amazon

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Mar 24 20:38:28 UTC 2004

  Aaron,

> >   Wow.  It is interesting to see they go for the portlait formfactor
> > with VGA screen.
>
> It is rotatable- just like with the C7x0.  Although, it is actually bigger
> than the C7x0, though maybe a bit thinner it is longer.

  Ah, ok.  I thought about it but thought that the keyboard
configuration didn't agree with it nicely...  (You can't use the
keyboard of SL-C[78]?0 so these Japanese models don't have much
advantage, though.)

> soem more photos here:
> http://www.zaurususergroup.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=77&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

  Thank you!

> I think the screen is improved some in the SL-6000- I believe it is now
> reflective. The C7x0's screen does quite well for a non-reflective screen
> in bright sunlight, but a properly reflective screen would certainly be a
> welcome upgrade.

  It sounds like.  Transflective is the combination of reflective and
transmissive.  Most of the cellphone in Japan use those, but one time
it must have been difficult to make a "big" transflective screen.

-- Yoshiki