[BUG] Hidden Information/HyperText, alt-6 in GeeMail ( old version slips back in? )

ken at kencausey.com ken at kencausey.com
Fri Mar 26 15:27:01 UTC 2004

Original bug report:

"In the TextPlus area of a GeeMail morph, the alt-6 menu comes up, but
does not work properly.  Specifically, entering:

  A Link<http://www.whatever.com>

selecting all that text, doing alt-6 (on Windows), and selecting "be a
Web URL Link" from the menu gives the following result:

  A Link<http://www.whatever.com>[No hidden info]

and no link is inserted.  This is in a 3.5 image."

I was able to duplicate this bug in 5816 and was hunting down the cause
when I found a related thread marked with the FIX tag that said this had
been fixed in Ned's 5363 update.

Further hunting and a look at the Version Browser for
ParagraphEditor>>changeEmphasis: indicates that somehow this bug has
slipped back in.  What I don't understand is why the browser shows the
list like this:

th 9/19/2002 18:07 ParagraphEditor changeEmphasis:
nk 7/17/2003 08:31 ParagraphEditor changeEmphasis:
ls 11/10/2002 12:58 ParagraphEditor changeEmphasis:

It seems that somehow the earliest version of this method in the image
has been reverted.

I should note that I'm seeing this in a 5816 image downloaded from the
UIUC FTP site with BFAV2 and it's dependencies installed, Monticello
installed, and PackageInfo upgraded.

Ken