3.7 moving to beta tomorrowish

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 26 21:25:25 UTC 2004

Michael Rueger <michael at squeakland.org> wrote:

> Doug Way wrote:
>
> > Or, we could use the occasion of having 4.0 be the next release to go
> > for whatever VM overhaul needs to be done (if any), and have the image
> > format change in this next release.
>
> I strongly vote for this option.
Ditto, likewise and similar. The compiledmethod format changes are
sitting there waiting. I have some new primitive handling code that
isn't quite ready for 3.7 but should be good soon. BlockClosures are
supported right now but I dare say we could improve VM support for them
once somebody has had time to do a proper review and they can be added
to the default image. I, for one, haven't had any opportunity to do
whatever VM stuff the i18n needs. Dan says he has some VM related stuff
that might affect image format.

Sounds like maybe we have good pile of things to lump together.

tim
Useful random insult:- Got a life, but wasn't sure what to do with it.