3.7 moving to beta tomorrowish

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Mar 26 22:03:57 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 10:32 am, Michael Rueger wrote:
> > Or, we could use the occasion of having 4.0 be the next release to go
> > for whatever VM overhaul needs to be done (if any), and have the image
> > format change in this next release.
>
> I strongly vote for this option.

I agree too. We need:

* compiled method changes (changes to source pointers, for instance)
* block closures
* better file-system (and socket) interface (Flow?)
* font unification and new BitBlt modes for font rendering
* some way to get callbacks from external libraries better to allow for easier
integration with other event loops, etc.

probably more stuff I can't recall.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com