Porting Squeak?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 27 13:25:10 UTC 2004

vze26m98 <vze26m98 at optonline.net> wrote:
> The Wiki pages also aren't date stamped as far as I can tell, so it's
> hard to figure out what's the latest info, as the Wiki has links to both
> obsolete and current info. For example, the VMMakerTool info doesn't
> make a claim, as I remember, that it supercedes the info on
> InterpreterSupportCode, (or is the recommended method for x.x version
> and beyond), etc.

The culture on our Wiki seems a little funny.  People look at the wiki,
say "gee, that looks out of date", and then they post to the list about
it.  Or just do nothing at all.  Guys, it is a wiki and *everyone* is
welcome to edit it.  If you are unsure about your edit, then add it as a
question to the bottom of the page, e.g. "this info does not seem to be
correct for 3.7, can anyone verify?".  If enough of these comments
accumulate then someone will eventually feel confident enough to modify
the main contents of the page.

Perhaps part of the issue is that we have such a vibrant mailing list?
Who knows.

On a technical note, Wiki pages are actually date stamped, but in an
unobvious place.  You have to look at the "history" page.

Speaking of dates, everyone please be very careful about writing "there
is a new feature blah" or "soon Squeak will be able to blah", because
Wiki pages age just like people: they wake up one day and years have
gone by unnoticed.

-Lex