[BUG] .Project or .pr

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Mar 29 17:53:34 UTC 2004

On Monday 29 March 2004 2:09 am, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> On 28/03/04 11:26, "stéphane ducasse" <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > It seems that there are different way to same projects.
> >
> > PasteUpMorph>>saveOnFile
> >
> > on certain occasion save with .project
> >
> > I'm not sure that this is on purpose but it seems like a potential bug
> > to me.

It's not a bug. It uses a different extension because it isn't really a
project being saved; it's just a stored version of a non-World PasteUpMorph.

Maybe the choice of file extensions is confusing, though.

> I say this same thing a long time ago, more what a year I believe.
> Also the Big endian problem with saving / loading TTFonts in Mac / Windows.

Which we fixed recently.

> Also the PolygonMorph rotating trouble (that remains my first unanswered
> question).

I'm not sure what you mean, but looking back to 2002 I see you asking:

> Finally. How you do for have a PolygonMorph whit a bitmmapped fill and
> when are rotated, (or change any vertices) the bitmap change too ( For a
> personal project about Puzzles)

To do this:
	* from the PolygonMorph's menu, change the fill style to the desired bitmap
fill
	* from the PolygonMorph's menu, choose 'fill style', then 'change
orientation' and you can change the scale and angle of the fill style using
the mouse.

To do it programmatically you just tell the fillStyle what direction to have:

poly _ PolygonMorph new.
poly setVertices:  { 28 at 119. 128 at 119. 228 at 219. 69 at 275 }.
poly openInWorld.
poly useBitmapFill
poly fillStyle direction: 127 at 50; normal: nil.
poly changed.

You could subclass PolygonMorph and change its response to being rotated or
having its vertices changed so that it would change its fill style.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com