Squeak3.7a-nnnn image on unix?

Peter William Lount peter at ActiveInfo.CA
Wed Mar 31 08:54:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak login
> (empty password)
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak co -r
ned-branch squeak
Ok, I checked out the sources as above.

I tried to follow the build instructions, however the "configure" script
"../platforms/unix/config/configure" is missing from the config directory.

> > It can't find the "vm.display-X11" plugin even after I tell it where one
is.
> > Ned it's missing the /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.6g-3/ directory and all the
files such as the one above.
> So put the files into /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.6g-3
I've tried copying the "vm.display-X11" file into the directory but for some
reason it always shows a file size of "0" bytes. Very strange. Would a file
permission stop me, if so which one? I'm root... hmmm... weirdness...

> Or use the
> -plugins /path/to/wherever/you/put/the/files
I tried that and it still gave the same message.

I'd prefer to build from source since that seems to be the route to
continued upgrade successes.

Thanks for your help,

Peter William Lount

p.s. When I get this working I'll be able to put the new smalltalk.org site
into gamma test on the production server. Thanks.