[BUG] AnObsoleteMCPackageLoader>>doesNotUnderstand:#shouldWarnAboutErrors

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 09:32:37 UTC 2004

> On Mar 30, 2004, at 2:25 PM, frank at angband.za.org wrote:
>

> > Apologies if this topic's been covered before. I tried to upgrade
> > Monticello from version 123 to 146, and got this walkback. How do I
> > work
> > around this?
>
> In general, if you have problems like that, follow this procedure:
>
> - Install the latest MCInstaller from SqueakMap
> - execute "MczInstaller unloadMonticello".  This will clear
> out the old
> version of MC.
> - Install the newer version of Monticello from SqueakMap.
>
> All your working copy metadata (what you have loaded, etc) will be
> preserved.  You'll be forced to save any work in progress first.

Ah OK it was the middle step I didn't know about. OK, so I tried that
but I now get a walkback where Date>>dayMonthYearDo: fails because
the start instvar is nil.

So I quit the image without saving, and tried saving all my changes
manually first. I got the same walkback on saving my changes to the
Tests package, so it looks like the VersionInfos don't have their
dates set up or something.

This is what I've got installed in my image:

ANSI Compatibility (12->20)
ANSI Tests (3.4)
BFAV2 (2.09)
BFAV2 Installer (2.09)
Connectors (1.9)
HTTPClient (19)
Large Lists (0.7)
MCInstaller (10)
Monticello (123->146)
PackageInfo (14)
Refactoring Browser and related tools (1.03)
SARInstaller for 3.6 (28)
SUnit (3.1.6)
SmaCC Smalltalk Compiler-Compiler-Runtime (2)
SqueakMap2 loader (0.92)
Test Runner Enhancements (1.9)
TestBrowser (1.11)
VersionNumber (1.0)