[BUG]AnObsoleteMCPackageLoader>>doesNotUnderstand:#shouldWarnAboutErrors

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 09:54:20 UTC 2004

> On Mar 31, 2004, at 1:32 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:
>
> > Ah OK it was the middle step I didn't know about. OK, so I
> tried that
> > but I now get a walkback where Date>>dayMonthYearDo: fails because
> > the start instvar is nil.
>
> Sorry, when do you get that walkback?  Is this after you've already
> tried and failed to do the upgrade?

No, it's on the first attempt. Unless I tried this ages ago and failed and
forgot about it, but I don't _think_ that's the case.

I had PackageInfo, MCInstaller and Monticello available for upgrade. I
upgraded PackageInfo without problem, MCInstaller without problem. Then I
saved my image. Now when I doit "MczInstaller unloadMonticello" I get
prompted to save the Monticello package (touched from when I submitted a
changeset last month removing TextEmphasis emphasisCode values). That saves
successfully.

Next I get prompted to save my changes to the Tests package. I get a
progress indicator saying "Snapshotting..." and just after that progress
indicator finishes I get the mentioned walkback (see the attached log).

frank