Squeak3.7a-nnnn image on unix?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Mar 31 14:32:11 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 1:30 am, Peter William Lount wrote:

> > I'm not sure if my memory is correct, but you need to run make once to
>
> 'make' the configure script if it doesn't exist.  I think when getting a
> tar.gz from Ian's site this file is present but not when building from
> scratch.

> I've been trying to do that Mike, but it doesn't want to make.

In what way?

If you've got automake 1.8 installed, try either
	- downgrading to automake 1.7, or
	- installing automake 1.7 alongside and changing the Makefile to read

configure : .force
        ./mkacinc > acplugins.m4
        aclocal-1.7
        autoconf
        rm acplugins.m4

.force :

That is, force the use of aclocal-1.7 (which comes with automake-1.7)

> Sigh... how
> is this C project & tool chain organized?

in platforms/unix/config:
Makefile produces configure and makefile template using snippets in plugins
and vm directories

in build directory:
running ../platforms/unix/config/configure makes Makefiles
running make makes everything

> Can anyone else build this package from the ned cvs sources? If so how?

I think that Mike is pointing you in the right direction (that is, to run make
in the config directory).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com