SeeThroughTalk status?

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Tue May 4 17:28:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

Tue, 4 May 2004 11:41:21 -0400
"Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> How is the SeeThroughTalk project going?  I'm looking forward eagerly to
> your beta release :)

Thanks. Actually, SeeThroughTalk has never been announced officially.
So, you are jumping the gun. ;)

The development is now progressing very slowly.
This is mainly because I'm very busy writing Squeak book in Japanese.

But our team will never drop the project. We hold a meeting in every
week.

Now, we are doing some refactoring. The proto was developed in a very
quick way, and it changes very low-level of the system codes.
So, it has to be modularized for easy maintenance and installation.

Our modularizing tasks are producing some utility codes. For example,
RMT was originally a communication core of the SeeThroughTalk.

Also, SeeThroughTalk includes NetMorph enhancements. They will be
applied to the new version of NetMorph.

After finishing my writing, I'll be back to the development. So,
the beta release would be September, or so.

But, anyway, you can play with the 'alpha' version.
ftp://swikis.ddo.jp/SeeThroughTalk/demo/SttDemo040227.zip
Feedback is always welcome!

Cheers,
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]