A history of Squeak

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue May 4 19:26:53 UTC 2004

> I simply dragged Squeak1.1w.image onto Squeak.exe but the
> VM crashed instead of starting the image.  See crash.dmp below.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

No idea. I just tried it and it works just fine on my XP system. And I can't
possibly remember what I fixed in the 1.x series ;-)

> Oh..  Whoa, there it is!  I tried using my 3.5 VM and it actually worked!

Yes, actually that's part of my motivation for doing the history - thus far,
*all* of the images we used back until 1.1 were able to run on the latest
VMs. It looks like this might be changing with 4.0 and I want to make sure
we've got sufficient history in case someone is interested in it.

Cheers,
  - Andreas