FFI question

Joei xuying at cs.inf.shizuoka.ac.jp
Thu May 6 08:15:31 UTC 2004

Hi, Julien.Bourdon

         I've read all post about your question. And I believed that what
you really want to
know is that can Squeak handle a C++ object correctly.
         What I known is that there is not a binary standard which defines
C++ object. That's
 why M$ defined the COM standard. Name mangling is not the only reason that
C++ code
can not be used together which were compiled by different complier. The
presentation of a
C++ object is also different. It's really regretable that Bjarne.Stroustrup
has not given a standard for how to implement a C++ object layout.
            I believe that the only way to use C++ via FFI is to do like
what COM do. Exports
C functions from a DLL and manage C++ object by your own.