[Unix] strange -headless behaviour with KomHttpServer

Chris Burkert chris at chrisburkert.de
Thu May 6 07:43:11 UTC 2004

Ian Piumarta wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> I tried to run a Image with KomHttpServer and configured it to start
>> up automatically when the Image starts. This works great when I type:
>>
>> $ squeak squeak.image
>>
>> It takes some seconds, the Server starts up and I can browse the
>> content. But when I type:
>>
>> $ squeak -headless squeak.image
>>
>> nothing happens. I get Connection Refused every time and no
>> SqueakDebug.log gets written.
>

> Last time that I tried this (a long time ago) it worked.
>
> The first thing I'd do to debug this is to install the RemoteFrameBuffer
> off SqueakMap, start up both the RFB server and the Kom server, savw the
> image, then restart -headless.  When Kom doesn't respond, connect to the
> RFB server running in the image with your favorite vnc client and debug
> it interactively from there.

I've started the Server Image with:
$ squeak
==> it works

I start it with:
$ squeak -headless
==> it doesn't work even after some minutes

... now the next strange behaviour ...

I connect via RFB to the same headless image I started before which
refuses connections. As soon as I connect to it, the Webserver accepts
connections. This is exactly the moment after I typed the password to
connect and accept it. Directly after the headless image accepts
connections.

I don't understand this behaviour. It is not so important to me to get
this to work, but it would be good.

thanks for any hint
            Chris Burkert

PS: I'm using a fresh #5429 image with RFB and SmallWiki.
PPS: RFB is a great tool. Thanks a lot for this Ian!
--
http://www.chrisburkert.de/