Record class category renames?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue May 11 17:07:01 UTC 2004

Alexander Lazarevic wrote:

>Renaming a class category (or method category) doesn't get recorded in
>the changes file. Any reason why? Lateley I had to recover more often
>from an image lockup just by doing "quit/replay changes since last
>snapshot". Let's say I had created a class in the category foo and
>renamed that category to bar and added some more classes to bar. After
>recovery I would have the confusing situation where a class is in
>category foo and several classes are in bar...

KCP220 (update 5881) fixed some notifications so that renaming a method
category should now show up correctly in the current changeset.

Oh wait, you're talking about the .changes file... ignore my previous
comment. :)  Erm, I'm not sure why method category changes don't show up
in the .changes file.  It looks like that didn't work in 3.4, either, so
it's possible that they've never been recorded in the .changes file.

- Doug