[ANN] Shout version 2 available now + Add on for Monticello

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Thu May 13 00:20:30 UTC 2004

Hi Stef,
Note that I have changed the name of PluggableTextMorphWithStyler to
PluggableShoutMorph in the latest release.
It has new methods and a new instance var - unstyledAcceptText (to solve a
bug when accepting), but other than that it is the same.

I'm curious - what are your 'small browsers'? I don't recall seeing them
before, are they available for download?

I am currently attempting to create optional Shout add-ons / enablers for
the existing browsers.
I have one for Whisker, which seems to work well, but I  have yet to release
it.

I also have some code for OmniBrowser; which appears to be evolving rapidly,
so I will wait for its next release before finalising anything.
The browser for Traits uses OmniBrowser, and therefore, although I have done
some work on incorporating Traits, the comments above apply here also.

Steven Swerling is investigating the integration of Shout into SVI.

If you, or others,  know of any additional browsers/editors that might
benefit from a Shout enabler then please let me know and I will attempt to
write one.
Cheers,
Andy