Socket tests in TestCase?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon May 17 19:59:03 UTC 2004

I've just been trying to update the sockets code for RISC OS and
attempting to find test code to see if I've made any improvements or
just buggered it all up. Not really sure yet but some things seem
better and some don't.

I couldn't find much in the way of tests within TestRunner but there
are quite a few assorted examples in Socket, some of which work. It
might be nice if someone that understands Sockets (so far as I'm
concerned sockets are something I stick a plug into when the
orgasmotron needs firing up. Or in one memorable case, my fingers
whilst I was standing on a metal frame bed. Ever seen ears light up?)
could do any updating needed (is uiuc.edu the best server to ping for a
test?) and stick them into TestRunner land.

Since some of the tests need a co-operating image at the other end
perhaps we could run one at squeakfoundation?

tim
You can't make a program without broken egos.