Premature end of image file--so close

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed May 19 02:18:59 UTC 2004

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> Well you could make a copy of the image file, and alter the length
> information to what the file length is and see
> what happens.
That would probably be worth a few minutes effort.

Alternatively, I'm sure somebody released a tool for rummaging through
image files a while back, quite possibly after a simialr experience.

Finally, it might be worth firing up the ol'simulator and seeing if you
can make sense of anything. The simulator in the current test relase
of VMMaker is working reasonably well -
http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/packages/VMMaker/VMMaker3-7b4.sar

tim
The next generation of computers will have a "Warranty Expired" interrupt.