3.7 Full: Developers or Media users?

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Fri May 21 00:17:53 UTC 2004

Just to add an opinion, my benchmark for what should be in a "Full" image
would be either Squeak3.2-4956, or Squeak3.4-5170.  Basically, I expect a
"Full" image to have at least everything that was in the 3.2-4956 image. I
don't necessarily mean every class and every method, but at least all the
major functionality.  I know that occasionally methods are depracated for
good reason, and that's fine.

Now, neither of those releases included things like the RB, Monticello,
etc, so while they're nice to have, I wouldn't necessarily expect it in a
future "Full" image.  I would condsider things like that as developer
"goodies" that could be omitted, but I would still expect the system
browser, compiler, VM construction, PlayWithMe/Worlds of Squeak, EToys
type stuff.

        -Dean