Fwd: [TERRYTECHjobs] LIVINGSTON, NJ IBM VISUAL AGE SMALLTALK DEVELOPERS - WHERE ARE YOU?

Peter van Rooijen peter at vanrooijen.com
Fri May 21 11:22:56 UTC 2004

Eric Goebelbecker wrote:

> I've seen this posting a few times. Figured I'd forward it to the list.
>

>> IBM VISUAL AGE SMALLTALK DEVELOPERS - WHERE ARE YOU?
>> Contract -$40/50 per hour and/or convert to perm at $80-$100K annual-

Question: what kind of people are actually considering working for such
rates? How much experience do they have?

I know several people (including myself) who can do most any VisualAge
Smalltalk work, and do it well, but their rates are twice or three times
that.

Many of them (including myself) will work for free on fun projects too.
Perhaps that's why we need the higher rates for commercial work ;-).

Cheers,

Peter