To quote Emma Lazarus...

Jason Rogers jason.rogers at riskmetrics.com
Mon May 31 19:22:59 UTC 2004

Sorry if this is a duplicate.  I sent it from another account on May 28th, but
never saw it show up on the list.

<quote>
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
</quote>

At next month's Michigan eXtreme Programming Enthusiasts meeting I and another
XPer will be demonstrating the act of legacy testing and refactoring.  To do
this, we have decided to make Squeak our target platform.  Therefore, I am
putting out a call for suggestions on what needs tested and refactored in
Squeak.  It can be in the basic image or in add-on packages.

Some background on the exercise might help you help me in finding what needs
tested.  So here goes...

 (+) we have about 1 (one) hour in which to do this exercise (which probably
equates to 30 - 40 minutes of coding)

 (+) the pair of programmers will be two veteran XPers and testers, one of
which is a long time veteran of Smalltalk (my partner) and one of which is
fairly new to Smalltalk (myself)

 (+) we would like to address one or more of the following:
     (+) testing the untouchable (code that cannot be changed)
     (+) testing the touchable (code that can be changed)
     (+) testing the unexpected
     (+) testing the expected
     (+) etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

If we get far enough we will be more than happy to post a changeset of the
tests/refactorings we make.

Thanks in advance for your generosity and aid.

--
Jason Rogers
117 N. First Street

Tel 734.302.7694