Unit tests failing in clean image

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Nov 2 15:23:21 UTC 2004

Am 31.10.2004 um 06:02 schrieb Doug Way:

> One thing we might consider is adding something like this Expected
> Failures enhancement to SUnit:
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2003-July/
> 063931.html
>

> Then we might categorize the long-standing bugs as expected failures,
> and then we'd be more alert to new bugs that appear.  And the expected
> failures list would represent a to-do list of bugs for anyone to work
> on.  (Ideally the expected failures should show up somewhere in the
> SUnit UI.)
>
> Well, it's not a perfect solution, but IMO it *is* better than what we
> have now.  Should we add this to the SUnit package?

I will put out a new version of Squeak SUnit with this added. Should be
ready till saturday. (I should then look into folding those changes
back
into the main SUnit release... for now Squeak SUnit forked from the
official SUnit, but plans are there to get this back in).

For the failing tests in the release: The best would be of course to
ship a release with all those bugs fixed...

       Marcus