MacOS X VM

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Wed Nov 3 05:14:53 UTC 2004

Thanks Joe (and Simon and Frank).

Next question: How does the notion of an "app" in OS X map to the traditional idea of a process in unix.  Specifically, does an app still have stdin/stdout/stderr?  When I use 'open' on the command line, it appears to always fork the program call--is that baked in?

I'd like to get my hands on stdin/stdout/stderr of the main squeak process.  I've got Ian's OS X binaries and OSProcess seems to work (at least, the CommandShell works) although not all of tests pass.  But 'OSProcess helloWorld' doesn't print anything to the console that started squeak.

Pointers? Ideas?

Thanks,
david

--