[TEST] UDPSocketTest

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Fri Nov 5 00:07:40 UTC 2004

John M McIntosh napsal(a):

> Also see
> http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/OTNotes4.html
>
> for some more socket test sunits. If you're reworking socket tests
> you  might want to review them. Ian and I did use them last year to
> resolve outstanding issues with the Unix code.

I started some clean-up work a while ago and recently got back to it.
Please see changelog at
http://people.virtua.cz/kamk/squeak/CleanUp-OldSocket.1.html; I haven't
checked those tests yet but I would include a parts or all of them into
this clean-up.

>> I've tried to resurrect udp examples of OldSocket, but found them too
>> unclean, so I just composed little test suit reflecting some caveats
>> in current udp implementation.
>> I also added one complex test method as example - it was intented to
>> stress sockets and I wonder if it works everywhere (it works on my
>> FreeBSD and right now i see no reason for not to work on other
>> platforms - but who knows). Due to it's complexity it is probably a
>> candidate for class side example, not for the test suit

Great work. From first touch I can say I invoked this testcase on Win32
and it stuck at Socket>>sendUDPData:toHost:port: while eating all of
processor time. I will include UDP testcase into the clean-up if
everyone is okay with it. Regarding tests, maybe we should have some
switch, kind of "skipNetworkingTests", as they often may not work on
specific platform.

It brings up an issues with multiplatform resolution so I would propose
something on it. Something similiar to FileDirectory allSubclasses, if
possible.

--
Kamil