[Q] What is the reason for raise one error trying to save a new file ?

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sat Nov 6 14:56:03 UTC 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 1:32 am, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> On 05/11/04 13:24, "Ned Konz" <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
> > So what failed?
> >
> > Note that if you have a version of Squeak with m17n, there may be a
> > problem with ZipArchive>>writeToFileNamed: and text converters.
>
> As always, you are absolute right.

I wish I were that reliable.

> I tested same on 3.6 and works .
> So , any ideas of what else could be broken or fail in newer images ?

I thought that I caught all of the problems with the ZipArchive and streams.

Does the following test program work on your system? It works on my 3.8 and
3.9a systems.

What platform, VM version, and image version?

If not, what happens (attach a stack trace if you can)?

zip := ZipArchive new.
text := 'this is a test '.

1 to: 4 do: [ :n | zip addMember: ((ZipStringMember newFrom: (text, n
printString) named: n printString) desiredCompressionMethod: ZipArchive
compressionDeflated; yourself) ].

zip writeToFileNamed: 'xxx.zip'.

--
Ned Konz