Ideas for the DVD?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Sat Nov 6 14:29:18 UTC 2004

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" wrote on Sat, 06 Nov 2004 06:45:56 -0300
> Marcus:
> Very, very thanks for putting all this material together.

Let me add my thanks as well.

> If possible , add any current tutorial about any aspects of Squeak.
> This year I forced to students to do Squeak and major complaints was lack of
> Squeak specific stuff.
> Many Squeqkers have homepages or sites , maybe they like have material in
> DVD ?

It would be a good idea to round up any available online material and
include it, but it might also be worth creating one or more short movies
like the one Stef did for Seaside. As long as things are kept simple so
that real time capture without (too many) rehearsals is possible then
this should be much quicker to do than creating a written tutorial.

Here is what I would suggest:

 1) the Squeak environment - just show how to deal with windows, morphs
halos and menus. In addition, a quick explanation of each tool would be
nice. How you deal with images and change files is good to know.

 2) the Smalltalk language - the basic elements, simple examples
including the debugger.

 3) creating morphic applications - even experienced Smalltalkers have
problems with that, so helping with the first couple of steps can make a
huge difference.

-- Jecel