Squeak on the Gumstix

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sun Nov 7 18:14:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 09:07:24 -0800, Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:

> What may also be important here is the memory width and bandwidth.
>
> It's a shame they don't publish schematics of the board so we can see how the
> memory's connected.

My brother pointed out to me that the WinCE compiler is probably a lot
better at optimizing code for the ARM/XScale than the GNU compiler is.

As far as memory goes, it looks to me like they're using the standard Intel
PXA255 architecture.

I hope we can do better than this -- its not going to be very useful if its
only equivalent to a 200 Mhz WinCE PDA...

Later,
Jon