www.squeak.org Download Web Page dead link

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Nov 7 20:33:36 UTC 2004

Bruce ONeel <edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks.  I've put a version of the download page at
> http://edoneel.chaosnet.org/sqdownload.html.  Could y'all have
> a look and see what you think?

This is certainly an improvement - simpler and less cluttered.

I'd suggest making the line about 'for windows CE the bets..' be a link
to the CE section lower on the page. Does the comment about mouse
buttons need to be here?

Likewise in the Mac section - mouse buttons are _that_ important?

Is the pointer to Lex's patchs still valid? As in are the patches still
meaningful - after all it now points to a swiki page that declares
itself obsolete. And again with the mouse buttons.

Yet again for RISC OS (I shouldn't have originally spelt it RiscOS)

I'd suggest pointing to a page of older ports that aren't actively kept
up to date - just cut out part of the old download page.

Edited version attached since your site isn't editable

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Noli me vocare, ego te vocabo = Don't call me,
I'll call you.