[BUG] Squeak3.8b-6351 freezes when debugging StandardSystemFontsTest. Alt-. does not work.

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Nov 7 21:08:01 UTC 2004

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
> Please try running these tests in the foreground. Any test that requires the
> UI may cause problems when run in the background, which is the default for
> the TestRunner.
>
> Get the changeset that I posted earlier that lets you run the tests in the
> foreground.
>
> Set the preference to "runTestsInForeground" and run it again.
Thanks for answering!

I just tried that:
- I downloaded your changeset.
- I installed it in the Squeak3.8b-6351 image.
- I unset the preference runTestsInBackground.
- I did my tests as described in my mail and on Mantis.
- I got the following error fairly fast:
Error: Attempt to evaluate a block that is already being evaluated.

Meanwhile, over at Mantis Andreas had suggested I might like to use the
newest VM, which I was not, stupid me. :( However, when I tested it with
the newest VM (3.7.1), I could still reproduce the freeze.

- Bernhard