[BUG] Squeak3.8b-6351 freezes when debugging StandardSystemFontsTest. Alt-. does not work.

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Nov 8 07:25:03 UTC 2004

Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> I don't quite understand, why this works, though. In the Squeak3.8b-6351
> image there is no nil in SuspendedDelays and the timer interrupt watcher
> process looks fine.
>
> I wonder what the correct approach is now. Should I create an empty
> changeset with Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher as postscript and attach
> it to the bug in Mantis?
>
> - Bernhard

yes, I think that if this is indeed the right fix it should go in the
update stream

but as I don't really know about the exact nature of the problem, I
leave it to someone more knowledgeable than I am to find out what
happened exactly and check that this is the right fix all right.

this trouble should definitely be taken care of, as it seems by your
case and mine that some images can not be updated at this stage. let's
state again for those that haven't seen the problem that such images are
very unstable and completely unusable.

regards,

Stef