making Squeak demos

Morten Andersen mortena at mip.sdu.dk
Mon Nov 8 15:06:54 UTC 2004

I don't know much about squeak either, but I know a little about
screen-capturing.

We've used Camtasia for screen capturing, that gives good quality both for
sound and video. Another way is to capture using windows media encoder that
captures directly to a streaming video format. Thes wmv file can be put on
a streaming video server and thereby make them available for students that
have broadband.

See the previous message from me or the example:
http://media.sdu.dk/am03/squeak/squeak-hello-world-1.wmv

All recorded in a windows envireonment.

If you figure out how to make voice recordings in squeak please let me know
:-) thanks

Morten Andersen

At 14:53 08-11-2004, you wrote:
>I'd like to make demos in Squeak by recording both my voice
>and the input actions and replaying the image.  In other words,
>I want to package a demo as a Squeak image.  I've been using
>VisualWorks for a long time, and have played around with Squeak
>off and on for a few years, but am not a Squeak expert.  I don't
>know how to make voice recordings in Squeak, for example.  Do I
>need to use a different tool and synchronize?  Is there a tool
>in Squeak for capturing input actions and replaying them later?
>
>I am planning to use this next semester in my course on object-oriented
>programming and design.  In the past, I have used screen capture and
>playback tools, but the AVI files are huge, the pictures are not
>as big as I would like, and they are klunky.  It would be much more
>cool to do it all within Squeak.  If it were easy to do then I would
>have expected to see similar demos already, so I imagine it is not
>easy.
>
>-Ralph Johnson

Morten Andersen
Master of applied mathematics and computer science
Associate professor

The Maersk Institute of Production technology at Southern Danish University
www.mip.sdu.dk
Campusvej 55
DK-5230 Odense M
Denmark