making Squeak demos

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Mon Nov 8 15:28:26 UTC 2004

Hi Ralph,

some tips: Evaluate

	RecordingControlsMorph new openInWorld

in a workspace or drag the morph from the objects
tool (see "world menu" -> "objects") on the screen.
This morph can be used to record Audio. Start to record
some audio stuff, stop recording and save it as a tile for
later use with a unique name by clicking on "Tile".
Now evaluate:
          EllipseMorph new openInWorld
A new yellow ellipse will appear on the screen.
Click on the morph while pressing the Squeak command
key (ALT-key on Windows) - this will show it's halo.

Klick on the light blue halo button ("open a viewer on me").
A new e-toy viewer is shown on the right screen.
You can now drag a script from the viewer onto the desk.
(take "Ellipse makeSound: croak"). After dragging a ScriptEditor
will appear on the screen.
You can change the script to use your recorded sound,
you can also change the script to run when the Ellipse is
clicked.

To record ui actions you can use:
	EventRecorderMorph new openInWorld

It's also available from the objects tool (category presentation)
This morph is able to record actions, save them as ".tape" files
to disk and play them back later.

Some of this stuff may be broken and needs some work to make
it better usable but the basics are inside of Squeak and you have
the souces to fix and enhance it.
You can also use GeeMailMorph, BookMorph, ... to do nice presentations.

>If it were easy to do then I would
>have expected to see similar demos already, so I imagine it is not
>easy.

I think this is more a problem of time to capture them and free server
space to provide them.

Links:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1950   EventRecorderMorph
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3009
GeeMailMorph
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/GuzdialBookDrafts/Multimedia-ch7.pdf

Keep on talking small
Torsten

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++