Request for advices

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Nov 9 03:36:50 UTC 2004

On Nov 8, 2004, at 5:35 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Monday 08 November 2004 2:59 pm, Joseph Frippiat wrote:
>> I don't ask for solution, only for guidelines and advices.  Do you
>> think
>> its "playable" ? Is it recommended to use Squeak to develop an
>> "industrial"
>> project ?
>
> I think this is fine. Experience of people running Squeak in server
> applications has generally been good (especially in web servers).

Ah, remember it's all "open source" so you can fix it yourself if you
need to. However the VM
maintainers always are willing to fix crash issues, in fact some of us
spent a few hours over the
weekend resolving "foo become: foo"

As a reminder to others any VM crashes should be shoved to the list so
they can be resolved.

===