A better Welcome Workspace

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Nov 10 08:41:11 UTC 2004

Tim Rowledge wrote on Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:28:52 -0800
> The Welcome Workspace is pretty unwelcoming. I've started trying to
> assemble something a bit better at
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3892 and made some progress. I claim
> that we need to explain stuff in a reasonably orderly fashion and
> reasonably completely. Thus the first paragraph is a very quick intro
> to what Squeak is, followed by instructions on how to read the rest of
> the workspace - ie tell them how to scroll to the next bit.

This look like a great start. If you have never seen the introduction
screens in Self 4.X, it would be a really good idea to take a quick
look. It is trivial to run on Linux or a Sun and it works well on the
Mac (http://www.merlintec.com:8080/Self has a list of ports).

-- Jecel