[ANN] wxSqueak update

Rob Gayvert rtg at rochester.rr.com
Fri Nov 12 14:35:55 UTC 2004

Avi,

You're right - that's a bit annoying when you have to force-quit
on any error. I neglected to implement the VM function that
determines whether the Squeak window is active, which is used to
decide whether to put up a Morphic debugger window or a wx debugger.

The obnoxious zoom transition is the default for wxWidgets, but I found
that that there is a relatively new wxSystemOptions class that lets you
turn this off. I'll have to add this to the API. For now, I stuck it in
the VM startup, so it's much smoother opening windows.

I posted an update to the OS X VM (0.3.1) that addresses these two
problems. The wx debugger doesn't layout its panes properly (something
to do with splitters), but at least it doesn't freeze.

I haven't spent much time on the Mac side yet, so I'm sure there are
other issues as well. But OS X is a critical platform for me personally,
so I'm anxious to get it working.

.. Rob