Seaside root level URL

Jason Rogers jason.rogers at riskmetrics.com
Fri Nov 12 17:47:15 UTC 2004

I am trying to set up a Seaside application that answers at the root level
(eg. http://192.168.2.1:8200/ vs http://192.168.2.1:8200/seaside).  Can this
be done.  I tried a few different approaches and couldn't get it to work.

Just in case you are wondering the reason why anyone would want to do this...
I am hosting a site on my home machine in Java right now.  I control its URL
from no-ip.com (free account) which allows me to specify the dynamically
updated IP and the port but nothing else.  So, in this case the URL is
http://steppingstones.no-ip.org which is mapped to http://<ip>:<port>.  I
can't specify 'seaside' or anything else as the context.

I have tried this both with Comanche and Swazoo but without success.  I
realize that I could run another service external to Squeak that listens on
that port and forwards to Squeak, but that seems a waste.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jason Rogers
117 N. First Street