Is there a problem accessing BFAV archive?

Frank Caggiano frankcag at crystal-objects.com
Fri Nov 12 22:01:18 UTC 2004

On Nov 12, 2004, at 15:40, David T. Lewis wrote:

> I cannot seem to get BFAV to receive any updates more recent than
> 03-Oct-2004.
>
> This is with a fresh Squeak3.7g2Full image with BFAV loaded from
> SqueakMap,
> 'Squeak3.7 of 4 September 2004 update 5989'.

Usually bugs are worked on and fixed in the  latest development version
of Squeak, currently 3.8 (or are we up to 9 now, can't keep track
lately).

> I get the message 'Last update failed' in the bottom message window of
> the
> BFAV PatchArchiveClient after doing a "load updates", which suggests
> some
> kind of problem getting a complete update from the server.

You'll need to load the latest version of BFAV from SqueakSource.

> Am I just doing something stupid, or is anybody else having a problem
> with
> this?

No, many of us have  been bitten by the same  thing.

regards

Frank Caggiano
frank at crystal-objects dot com
http://www.crystal-objects.com

The best education for the best is the best education for all.
					Robert Maynard Hutchins