Build problems on Linux

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Mon Nov 15 15:23:52 UTC 2004

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>> Can you attach the source code lines surrounding that error?
>>
>> 731:    { NULL, NULL, NULL }
>> 732:    };
>> 733:    unsigned char* memory;
>> 734:    fptr const primitiveTable[] = {
>> 735:    primitiveFail,
>> 736:    primitiveAdd,
>
> There should be this typedef in platforms/Cross/vm/sq.h, which normally
> is #included in interp.c:
>
>     typedef  int (*fptr) (void);
>
> I wonder why this is not found?

Here's the story as best Ian and I can tell.
I sent Ian my interp.c after my email and I agreed with his analysis.

It appears I accidently used the 3.7x-5 (64bit able) sources with a
pre-64bit able image. They didn't agree with each other and thus the error.

Ian >> It's complaining about "fptr", which is (should be) a
Ian >> user-defined type meaning "pointer to anonymous function".
Ian >>
Ian >> While making the 64-bit stuff work I removed all notions of
Ian >> "anonymity" in function pointers, insisting that all functions be
Ian >> fully and correctly typed (return values, parameters, etc.).

Hope that shines a little light on the issue.

Thanks for your help and looking at this.

Jimmie Houchin