[ANN] wxSqueak update

Rob Gayvert rtg at rochester.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 18:31:09 UTC 2004

Aaron,

The API coverage is fairly extensive (~400 classes and 3600 methods are
generated), but only a tiny fraction has been tested, and there is no
capability yet of overriding virtual C++ methods. Most of the development
so far has been under Windows XP; the OS X version mostly works, but
there are some problems. As for stability, the Win32 version seems fairly
stable now, but it's far from bulletproof. The key stability issue is how
callbacks are handled. The current method is functional, but needs work.

If you're interested in trying out more samples, I would suggest getting
the latest wxPython and looking at its demo. My plan is to duplicate as
many of these examples as possible.

.. Rob