Swiki vandals

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Nov 16 09:20:07 UTC 2004

Yet again our beloved Swiki has endured the abuse of irritating monkeys.

Ned Konz's page, for instance, had its content replaced by a huge list of porn links which in turn was replaced by some other junk. Of course, the page has been locked.

Can someone please unlock this page so we can restore its content?

It looks like one can lock a page with an arbitrary password. This actually gets in the way of _repairing_ the graffiti. I've had a couple minutes free in which I could have fixed the damage quickly and easily, only I can't. Can we not simply remove the ability to lock these pages with arbitrary passwords, if such a capacity exists?

I know some (lots?) of our community like locking pages (especially the front/entry pages like Squeak and News), but can't we do this in a way that doesn't prevent WikiGnomes from repairing the damage?

frank

Addendum: From what I can tell, the page should contain the following, from version 10 of the page:

Maker of bits and pieces of Squeaky stuff (Process Browser, *Star Browser*, Zip viewer, a couple of versions of *Connectors>Connectors*, many goodies and bug fixes).

One of the *Squeak Guides>The Guides*

Using Squeak for the *Microship project>http://www.microship.com*
*Squeak for Mapping*

Currently in Stanwood, WA (between Seattle and Vancouver somewhere).
*ned at squeakland.org*
*ned at bike-nomad.com*
*http://bike-nomad.com*
*http://nedkonz.dhs.org:8080/Ned*

*+P0000502small.JPG+*

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720