OldSocket backward compatibility considered harmful

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Nov 17 09:08:59 UTC 2004

Well, I use this without problem for a long time on OS X and OS 9 and
Windows.
So , when some squeakers send notice about rip OldSocket from image , others
send mail about keep all examples in this class (and update to Socket).
Me too and send the blamed methods as Socket.2.cs  telling what still are
needed , and at my surprise in a few days I see as infamous 6366 update with
my name .
So , suppose I was guilty .
But wish some more experience guy tell me what are the exact equivalents to
all methods and the exact problems for keeping .
By the way the sendObject and getObject belongs to Diego Gomez Deck from his
rST, and I use in network games.

To bad I just loss my 6366 share of Squeak and almost 1 million value.

Regards all

Edgar