Help system for Newbies

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 18 23:48:55 UTC 2004

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi again.
> I send a few days a reply for Tim proposal about " A better Welcome
> Workspace" and add a page to swiki http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3895
> To day, as some Guides and experienced squeakers are working I send what I
> do about this in two mails (by size restrictions) and hope someone take 5
> minutes for loading .sar and watch my proposal.
This might be an interesting start on the problem but as your notes say
it is very alpha. You need to include the Next.jpg and Previous.jpg
files somewhere - I had to make a couple of stupid little pictures
instead. The BFAV.shc wouldn't load for me, claiming a syntax error. I
did try to make my own stack but couldn't see any way to do much. BUt
keep on working on it. I think something like this could be very useful
for the welcome workspace(s)

tim
Asking whether machines can think is like asking whether submarines can swim.