Tweak (was Re: Morphic (was Re: OldSocket backward compatibility considered harmful))

aaron reichow areichow at d.umn.edu
Fri Nov 19 00:23:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Am 18.11.2004 um 11:13 schrieb Blake:
>
> > On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:55:40 +0100, Marcus Denker
> > <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> >
> >> There is Tweak, and i might replace morphic in the future (at least I
> >> hope so).
> >>
> >> But: Not doing the trivial thing because something much better will
> >> be there in
> >> the future is a trap. We should not fall into that. The result would
> >> be that
> >> nothing happens.
> >
> > I was just trying to remember what it was called. I wanted to try it
> > out but I see that it's not visible (heh).
> >

> It's part of the Jasmine release of Croquet.

ahh! the was Re:'s are attacking!

How does one use it? Is Tweak what is behind all the fancy 3D stuff, or is
it a 2D widget toolkit, ala Morphic or something more traditional? When
I've started up Croquet, I just get a regular looking Morphic world- how
do I see these Tweak-based tools? Are there any?

Aaron Reichow
UMD Library