How do I change the input method (for japanese input)

Joshua Scholar jscholar at access4less.net
Sun Nov 21 14:25:17 UTC 2004

I installed m17n36-3.sar and m17nSqueaklandFixes.cs.gz hoping to be able to
write a simple program that would have English and Japanese text, but so far
I haven't been able to find any method for entering Japanese text let alone
displaying it...

I did try using the Japanese IME for windows 2000 but that doesn't seem to
make any difference - Squeak somehow manages to reset the input method back
to "direct input".  Pasting Japanese characters from outside squeak just
seems to convert the characters into question marks.

Joshua Scholar