NameSpace Tral Code [was Re: bindingOf question?]

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at allvantage.com
Tue Nov 23 17:11:13 UTC 2004

I have a scratch rewrite of FreeCell (with Klondike in progress).  Due to lack
of nameSpaces/modules in Squeak, I have a bunch of classes with names like
AltCardMorph, AltFreeCell, AltCardDeckMorph, AltCardContainerMorph, et
cetera.

If you let me know when things are usable, I would be happy to supply some
code which makes use of it.  (AltFreeCell and Klondoke constructors are
really the only thing which needs to be exported to the Object Catalog --
Games display).

I can send you a change set if you want to play now.

Cheers,
-KenD		[Ken Dickey]

> We have been recently working on refactoring SystemDictionary quite a
lot :) and we have now a namespace class to deal with bindings in a
nice and clean way. Our goal is to enable people willing to experiment
with new kernel/new language to do it. So having a browser that does
not consider Smalltalk as the only possible namespace is great.
As soon as 3.8 is out we will push a lot of fixes related to the
refactoring of systemDictionary in the stream.
So OB will be a big player in the future :) because it would be nice to
start to think using real package instead of category :)