Joystick support for Mac OS X

Dominique Dutoit hitoro at easynet.be
Tue Nov 23 22:04:15 UTC 2004

http://www.hitoro.net/squeak/2004/11/joystick-support-for-mac-os-x.html

Here is my first attempt to bring back support for joysticks in Mac OS
X. It supports HID-compatible joysticks and gamepads and it turned to
be quite easy to implement, thanks to the Apple's HID Utilities
library. It was tested with a Gravis Eliminator gamepad but,
unfortunately, mine is broken (the Y-axis stick doesn't work anymore).

Because the plugin has to be embedded in the Virtual Machine, I have to
compile it with the HID Utilities static library (300KB). To test it,
plug your gaming device into an USB port, launch the Virtual Machine
and select a Squeak image. Open a workspace and execute this line:

Sensor testJoystick: 1

The Etoys joystick can also be used (see the track real joystick menu
option).

Enjoy!