[ANN] Mac support in ExternalWebBrowser

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 24 19:54:40 UTC 2004

Alexander Lazareviæ <Alexander at Lazarevic.de> wrote:

> Thanks to Dominique Dutoit there is now a version of the
> ExternalWebBrowser package with Mac support on SqueakMap or SqueakSource.
I took a quick look at this and note that

a) the version installed by default from SM is _not_ the latest one, so
some SM entry setup needs checking. I was puzzled for a while why there
was no apparent Mac support...

b) class instance variables are normally named with a lowercase first
letter, not a capital. And I strongly suspect that you meant to use a
class variable (which would be capitalised) instead of the rarely used
class instance variable.

c) this is another case of a class needing platform related startup,
like FileDirectory, HostWindowProxy etc. We really ought to come up
with a nice uniform way of handling these sometime.

tim