Float parsing from string with radix?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Nov 25 20:46:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 09:19:08PM +0100, stéphane ducasse wrote:
> > What is the preferred interpretation?
> >   A) Leave it alone, it's a feature (but should be documented)
> >   B) Change it to interpret exponent with same radix as base
> >   C) Get rid of it, it's a bug
>
> Hi dave
> I have no idea :) but in all the cases having some cool tests would be
> great :)
>
> Stef

:)

Way ahead of you, the new tests are already in the 3.9 stream (thanks Marcus).

The tests implement option (A), the "leave it alone" option. I decided
that (B) was not a good idea, even though it's what I had initially
expected. Option (C) is probably the right answer, but what the heck,
it works fine and it's useful for specifying binary bit patterns, so
we might as well leave it alone.

Dave