[Newbie] Help needed to put an initial release on sm

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Nov 26 06:22:46 UTC 2004

Hi Jerome!

Peace Jerome <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi. I am trying to put a PlayWithMe release for
> CurvierCurves on Squeakmap.
> I've uploaded the project.
> I filled in the initial page entry.
> There seemed to be no way to indicate the uploaded
> file on the first pass.

True, when you register a Package (instance of SMPackage btw) you don't
specify an actual file. A package owns an ordered collection of
SMPackageReleases, and those in turn has the URL (file).

> Having submitted that I found edit release.
> This allowed me to indicate the uploaded file.
> I filled in all the bold required fields.
> Pressed "Save as new release" and got For my troubles

All sounds "correct" so far.

> only the error message:
>

> Internal Server Error
> Error: At least one digit expected here

> Comanche/6.2 (unix) Server at 62.4.94.149 Port 8080
>
> How do I tell which field this is a message from?

Well, you don't. :) The above is not a validation error. It is an
internal error.
I just have to take a look at it.

> What number does it want and how can I give it to
> them?

Dunno yet. :) The above text is the same you get if you evaluate:

'a' asNumber

...somewhere in the SM server it tries to turn a String into a Number,
and expecting digits in that String.

> There is one strangeness.
>
> At the top there is a "Select release:" field.
> The drop down menu entrys for this field has no items.
> Pressing the select button to the left of the drop
> down menu gets me the same error message At least one
> number etc etc.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. I've tried several
> variations of thing that might/should work and gotten
> the same frustrating resutls.
>
> Thanks for your help. --Jerome Peace

I will get back to you when I know what it is.

regards, Göran